My first solo!

I did my first solo today! Pilot-in-command for 10 minutes! And what's really cool is that today is the 113th anniversary of the Wright brothers' first flight.

I knew it might be coming today. My instructor and I did a few circuits together so I could get warmed up and see how I felt. After 3 or 4 of them, he said, "So, do you think you can do this by yourself?" I said, "Do you?!" He said, "Yup." And he got out of the plane, wished me well, and sent me on my way.

I wasn't nervous at all. I just did what I had to do. Halfway through, he called up to me on the radio and asked how I was. I said I was just fine. I flew a nice circuit, did everything right, and managed a pretty nice landing, to boot!

That tiny speck in the middle of the picture is me in my plane on final for Rwy 28
After I shut down, I went inside to fill out the logs. I was happy and proud and acted all cool like but I was shaking so hard I could hardly write! The magnitude of that little flight had finally hit me! What a day! I can fly a plane by myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment