Dark comedy of errors

It was a dark comedy of errors at the airport this afternoon. I've been waiting a few weeks for good weather to do my next big solo flight. So with blue sky today, I thought I'd give it a try. But things didn't quite go as planned:

1) The crosswind was so strong today it was beyond my landing skill. So my instructor and I decided to go together but 2) A plane crashed on the runway and we had to wait for the runway to be cleared so we could go but then 3) We couldn't start our airplane because it's so cold and the mechanic couldn't start it even with the battery charger on so 4) We got into another airplane and were doing the pre-take off checks and discovered a dangerous mechanical issue (magneto fault). So, we decided that the flying gods were against us today and we wouldn't push it. 


Flying isn't always straightforward!


No comments:

Post a Comment