A little trip

About 30 nautical miles to the south/southwest of Cooking Lake is a town called Wetaskiwin, which is the home of the Reynolds Museum, a world-renowned transportation, aviation, and agricultural machinery museum. It happens to be immediately adjacent to the airport so it's handy to fly in and walk over. So, today, I flew my dad and my son down there to pay a visit.


We were only at the museum for an hour but we managed to have a quick look at almost every exhibit. It's very well done; I was very impressed! I would highly recommend it.


It turned out to be a stellar day so the flight was smooth and beautiful. As a new pilot, this was another chance for me to practice cross-country skills and an arrival at an unfamiliar airport. The flight went well, except for a mistake in my heading calculation, which I corrected when I realized that my track wasn't quite matching the line I had drawn on the map! I was able to see Wetaskiwin from a fair distance out and had no trouble locating the airport. The flight home was more relaxed because I could see Cooking Lake almost as soon as I took off so I just flew there. This was a fun day. It's pretty neat to just hop in a plane and fly off somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment