Pilot-in-command

So far, my flights as pilot-in-command (since getting my license) have been with my dad on board. Although he doesn't get involved, it gives me a sense of security to have him there. But I definitely have to get used to being the only pilot on board! Tonight I had a chance to do that. I took my friend up for a local flight, just to bomb around the Cooking Lake area. It was a lovely evening and we had fun. He was a bit nervous, more about flying than about flying with me, but it meant a lot to me that he was willing to take the chance on flying with a new pilot. I was able to relax and enjoy the flight, which is still hard to do since I still have to concentrate a lot of what I'm doing. We were up for just under an hour. He loved it and so did I!



No comments:

Post a Comment