Commercial ground school

My flight school is running commercial ground school classes this fall and I decided to sign up! The first class was on Monday. There are four of us. Tonight was the second class. On Wednesdays, we join with the much larger private pilot ground school class, since half of what we do is review. The people are very friendly. One of my commercial classmates owns a Cessna 340 - a big, corporate-sized twin engine - so we went over to his hangar after class to see it. He's going to give us rides - often! Another of my classmates is a new pilot as well, and we are going to fly together sometime. I think this is going to be a very positive experience.



I am 55 years old and most people get into aviation as a career when they are much younger. However, there is a terrible shortage of commercial pilots right now and that makes this a good time for me to consider a flying career of some sort, even as a retirement job in years to come. Who knows? Maybe I can fly a float plane someday or teach others to fly. At the very least, these classes will teach me more and make me a better pilot. It will most likely take me a couple of years to get a commercial license but that's fine with me. I'm flying anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment