A big step along the way

A couple of weeks ago, I passed the written exam for my commercial pilot license. The exam is a 100 question, 3 1/2 hour, multiple choice exam that covers air law, aeronautics and general knowledge, meteorology, and navigation. I finished with 4 minutes to spare! It was a nightmare of an exam and I was sure all the way through that I had failed it but I actually passed with a good margin. I studied hard for it. A fellow commercial student had hired an instructor to do some review sessions for him and invited me to join in. They were very helpful and I found that I was beginning to understand some of the concepts in ways I had never grasped until now. After the review classes, I read the whole study guide textbook along with other materials about aviation regulations and practices. I did some online practice exams and went into the real exam feeling like I had done my best and was as ready as I'd ever be!

Even though I passed, I was traumatized by it and couldn't celebrate until 2 or 3 days later! Now that I've had a couple of weeks to recover, LOL, it feels great to have accomplished yet another step in the journey toward becoming a commercial pilot!


No comments:

Post a Comment